Project funded by Università degli Studi di Milano and Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca
with the collaboration of Ledizioni
Call for papers
Family: a multidisciplinary perspective
Hòrisma is a series of academic papers issued by the publishing house Ledizioni. The members of the Advisory Board are pleased to invite young researchers (PhD students, Postdoctorate researchers, Fellowship researchers, early career researchers) to participate in a theoretical and empirical project which has a multidisciplinary character. The initiative is funded by the University of Milan and the University of Milan-Bicocca. The selected works will be published in a book by the end of 2015. The authors will participate at a conference that will be held on September 23rd and 24th, 2015 at the University of Milan and at the University of Milano-Bicocca. On this occasion, the author of the most outstanding article, chosen by the Advisory Board, will receive a reward of 200 Euros.
The theme of the call for paper concerns the processes of formation of the family structure with particular attention to economic, socio-cultural, socio-structural and territorial changes.
The transformations of the working world, demographic and social changes have influenced (and continue to influence) overgoing to adult life and processes of family development.
The aim of the publication is to promote a multidisciplinary comparison around the following topics:
– The consequences of flexibility and precariousness of the labor market on family and children growing in the family;
– The role of family origin on social and economic buffer in the crucial stage of life transitions (from youth to maturity, entrance in the labor market, steps between a job and another periods, formation of a family and parenthood);
– Balance between work and own life of young couples in front of flexible forms of work and the need to reconcile work and family life, with possible analysis of the role of childcare;
– Parenting and its protection in the socio-legal framework.
Priority will be given to contributions that will adopt a multidisciplinary perspective or specific case studies.
Any young researcher interested in submitting an unpublished paper in these themes is invited to send an abstract of maximum 2,000 characters (including spaces) along with a curriculum vitae et studiorum and a list of scientific publications by June 15th, 2015 at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstracts will be subject to a blind review by the Scientific Committee of Hòrisma formed by:
- Patrizia Borsellino (Full Professor of Philosophy of Law and Bioethics – Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- Yuri Kazepov (Full Professor of Internationale Stadtsoziologie – University of Wien)
- Davide Maggi (Associate Professor of Business Economic – Università degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale)
- Monica Martinelli (Assistant Professor of Sociology – Università Cattolica di Milano)
- Michel Misse (Associate Professor of Sociologia do Crime e da Violência – Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro)
- Giuseppe Mosconi (Full Professor of Sociology of Law – Università degli Studi di Padova)
- Luigi Pannarale (Full Professor of Sociology of Law – Università degli Studi di Bari)
- Emilio Reyneri (Full Professor of Sociology – Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
- Roberta Sala (Assistant Professor of Public Ethics – Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Milano)
- Emilio Santoro (Full Professor of Sociology of Law – Università degli Studi di Firenze)
- Guglielmo Scaramellini (Full Professor of Geography –Università Statale di Milano)
- Francesco Tesauro (Full Professor of Tax Law – Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca)
The evaluation will be based on the following criteria: relevance and importance of the proposal for the advancement of knowledge on the addressed issue, originality of research, clarity of objectives presented, quality of references, methodological rigor. The result of the assessment will be communicated to each candidate by July 15th, 2015.
The contribution may be written in Italian or English according to the editorial criteria that will be communicated to each author and shall not exceed the maximum length of 35,000 characters (including spaces). The contribution will be sent within September 15th, 2015.
– abstract submission: June 30th, 2015
– paper acceptance notification: July 30th, 2015
– full paper submission: September 15th, 2015
– conference: September 23rd and 24th, 2015
For any information: E-mail email@example.com
This project has been funded by the University of Milano-Bicocca through the competition announcement “1000 lire”, in collaboration with ASB, LDS e SI, and by the University of Milano through the competition announcement “Attività Culturali”.